Anaerobic Digestion Treatment Pilot
This transformation of the organic matter to biogas is achieved by complex bacterial populations in very precise conditions of environment (strictly anaerobic environment, of red/ox potential close to 250 mV, pH close to neutral).
The anaerobic fermentation is essentially applied to the treatment of the activated sludge coming from the aerobic treatments of urban sewage (digestion of urban residual sludge water) and to the treatment of industrial residual waters containing strong concentrations of easily biodegradable compounds (food processing industries).
In a fermenter efficiently operating, the elimination rate of the C.O.D. (Chemical Oxygen Demand) can reach 80% if the residence time is sufficient because the bacteria works slowly.
The equipment essentially consists of a methanisation reactor mounted on a frame, with the storage control and measuring components.
- The hydrodynamic study of a liquid – solid fluid bed.
- The study of anaerobic fermentation on a fluid bed.
- Study of the efficiency of DCO elimination according to the volumetric load and residence time.
- Study of the composition of biogas according to organic load.
- Study of the head losses.
- The effluent is treated by micro-organisms fixed to activated charcoal (NORIT ROW 0.8 SUPRA).
- Substrate : synthetic composition DCO = 5 kg,
- MES = ~2.75 kg m-3 , pH = 6.8.
- DBO, DCO, MES
- pH, biogas flow, Red-Ox : in continuous.
- Polyethylene sewage supply tank.
- Pipeline for supplying the sewage to the PVC reactor
- Pipeline for supplying the reagents to the PVC reactor
– Methanisation reactor made of a cylindrical column, in stainless steel 316 L, DN 100, height between flanges 1000 mm, made of :
- Sewage and reagents supply distributer, in stainless steel, DN 100,
- Support grid of packing in PVC, punched
- Granular type packing for the support of the bacterial bed
” Multiknit ” retaining mesh, in stainless steel to avoid the mechanical flow of the bacterial bed
- Separation grid of the upper reactor compartment in PVC.
- Upper chamber (detached compartment of the reactor), in stainless steel, DN 100, useful for the liquid-gas separation and the sampling of the recycled and purified liquid.
- Sampling overflow of the sewage going out of the reactor, in stainless steel 316 L, DN 10.
- Sampling pipeline of biogas going out of the reactor.
- Recirculation pipeline of the reactor sludge with non return values on aspiration and flow recirculation pump and draining valve in stainless steel.
- Framework made of square tube in stainless steel 304 L with aluminium nuts.
- Temperature probe, type Pt 100
- Reactor sewage feed peristaltic pump with variable speed.
- Reagents feeding peristaltic pump with variable speed.
- Recirculation peristaltic pump of the reactor liquid with variable speed 0 to 30 l/h.
- Temperature controller with process and instruction display.
- Timer for the reagents feeding cycle.
- Timer for the sewage feeding cycle.
- Timer for the recirculation cycle.
- Heating cable with connection box
- 1 400 x 600 x 1 900 mm.
- Power supply : 220 V / single phase / 50 Hz