The bench is designed to be self-contained and only need an electrical power supply.
It allows to study an important number of subjects:
- Sensor performance (answer time, linearity, hysteresis).
- Justification about to use a continuous current power generator.
- Justification of the wiring with 3 wires.
- Functioning principle of the modulators.
- Problem of peak intensity during the starting.
- Modulators performance: Static power unit, Wave train dimmer.
- Functioning cycle, life time
Determination Of The Heating Power
- Calculation of the heating power.
- Observation of the temperature influence when bringing a cold piece.
- Experimental determination of the heat loss coefficient.
- Temperature distribution in the bench.
- Influence of the water level
- Temperature Control.
- Automatic control methods.
- Adjustment by discontinuous actions.
- Controller P.
- Controller PI.
- Controller PID.
- Controller PID self adaptative.
- Process answer.
- Temporal analysis.
- Influence of the setting, the mass of water, the disturbance.
The bench is made out of an aluminium frame on castors including:
- A 25 litres tank.
- An immersed electrical heater.
- A temperature sensor.
- A ” low level” sensor.
- A security thermostat.
- A stainless steel body centrifugal circulation pump.
OPTION: Data acquisition system
The data acquisition system is proposed in option. It is made out of a data acquisition card to place into a PC computer and a software functioning under Windows®. This software allow to visualize the sizes in real time and to record them. The card is linked to the bench by the help of a plug on the front side of the electrical cabinet door.
An electric cabinet including:
- The power supply and safety devices of the installation: circuit breaker, contactor, fuses, transformer.
- The heating controller: 1 power unit by train of waves.
- A dimmer (in option) can be connected on the side of the cabinet (the use of another dimmer that the one proposed in option is possible on special enquiry).
- A converter for the Pt 100 probe.
- The control components.
- A PID controller auto adaptive.
- A thermostat.
- The controller and the thermostat are integrated in a synoptic on the front side of the cabinet. The synoptic, also include various measuring points permitting the study of the control loop.
Dimensions and weight
- 1150 x 670 x 1470 mm – 98 kg
- Electrical power supply: single phase 230 V+T 16A