- The equipment allow, for example to experiment the following subjects :
- Study of a static answer (level or flow).
- Study of flow measurement with diaphragm and differential pressure transducer with digital display with square root extractor.
- Study of (Broïda or other) Identifications on the level or the flow process control.
- Study of simple level process control (with V1 or V2).
- Study of simple flow process control
- Study of a process control by extent sharing.
- Study of a process level control with cascade on the flow.
- Study of a Split-Range process control.
The model is designed so that the disturbances are easily reproducible. That’s allows a fine study of the influence of the control parameters (needle valve with 10 revolutions).
The equipment is composed of:
– 2 tanks in altuglas
– A supply tank in transparent PVC with drain valve.
– The tanks can be dismantled for cleaning operations
– 2 electronic flow meters
– A diaphragm with differential pressure transducer and digital display with square root extractor.
– A float flow meter for comparison of the flow measurement
– Two pneumatic valves, Kv = 2,5 , one normally open and one normally closed,
– Two converters IP
– An air pressure regulator
– A pressure sensor 0-1 bar with transmitter for measuring the level in tank 1
– A level sensor magnetic float type with for measuring the level in tank 2
– Two needle manual valves, with easily setting of the revolution number
– A centrifugal pump in stainless steel
– A controller for level control
– A controller for flow control
Display of the measure and the set point for the two regulators. The regulator A become the master when using in cascade mode.
– The control cabinet module made of painted steel including:
– The ON/OFF switch
– The ON/OF light
– The Emergency stop
– The 2 controllers,
– A 3 position switch for the selection of process control type
Level process control,
Flow process control,
Cascade process control
– The safety protection and pump control, the 4-20 mA supply of the transmitters.
– A synoptic with luminescent diodes indicate the corresponding actuators, measures and valves depending of the selected loop mode.
– Security plugs with the 0-10 V input and output signal from the regulators.
– Data acquisition module ref MAC 2 composed with :
– Two regulators with RS485 communication cards
– A converter RS485/RS232
– A data acquisition software under Windows allowing :
Reading PID parameters,
The drawing of the curves,
The remote control of the regulator parameters
The storage of the values
– PC computer type Pentium IV
2300 x 1700 x 1000 mm
– Power supply : 220 V mono – 50 Hz
– Compressed Air supply: 6 NL/h – 6 bars