Laboratory Ultrafiltration Unit
Biological application :
- Proteins purification
Food processing applications :
- Pre concentration of skimmed milk to manufacture precheese melt
- Standardization of milk
- Choice of the ceramic membranes resistant to the pressure and regenerable → few consumables.
- Few raw material : 1 to 2 L maximum
- Analyses: HPLC, electrophoresis, spectro UV
- Practical works, washing protocols are supplied
The efficiency of the separation depends of :
- The membrane cross flow pressure ( inlet/outlet membrane retentate side pressure gauge, permeate side pressure gauge ).
- The cross flow speed on the membrane (outlet pump valve).
- The cut threshold :
- One membrane is supplied
- Two other membranes of 20 nm and 100nm are proposed in option
- The temperature (product temperature process control) hot/cold process control by a heating unit of 3 kW connected to the network.
- Table top bench
- A stainless steel reactor
- Air input on the pressurized vat with pressure regulator and manometer.
- A ceramic membrane with a cut threshold of 50 nm (other cut threshold available as option).
- A centrifugal pump, variable flow set by valve
- A flow control valve
- Three manometers
- Four ball valves, 2 membrane valves
- A thermometer
- Dead volume of the installation : 500 ml maximum
- A control cabinet with safety devise of the pump
- Air compressor, 220 V single phase, 16 A
- Ceramic membrane with cut threshold of 20 nm
- Ceramic membrane with cut threshold of 100 nm
- Back pulse valve. Functions with compressed air by intermittent way with timer programming. It can be used to increase the working time of the bench beyond 30 min when using with clogging solutions as skimmed milk.
- Temperature regulation : The vat is equipped with a double jacket with water flow . A Pt 100 probe measures the temperature of the product and the temperature is controlled by a heating unit 3 kW – 95°C. Two high temperature flexible hoses are supplied to link the heating unit to the ultrafiltration unit.
- Power supply : 220 V – 50 Hz – single phase
- 0,55 kW without heating unit
- 3.6 kW with heating unit
- (L x W x H) : 700 x 500 x 800 mm