Pilot unit specificities
- Industrial instrumentation
- Made of AISI 316L stainless steel and borosilicate glass
- Rigid process tubing
- Drying by atomization consists feeding the liquid to dehydrate in a form of a thin spray to obtain a powdery solid.
- The solution is injected through an atomisation nozzle, which produce a spray made of very little drops.
- A very hot air flow evaporates the solvent and carries away the solid powder into a cyclone.
- The cyclone separates the solid particles from the drying airflow, which goes back outside the pilot unit.
- The solid is collected at the base of the cyclone in a glass receiver.
Experimental possibilities :
- Atomization of a solution.
- Influence of the drying air temperature.
- Influence of the drying air flow rate.
- Influence of the atomisation air flow rate.
- Influence of the solution feeding flow rate.
- Thermal balance.
- Mass balance.
- Feed solution glass flask.
- Feed solution variable flow rate peristaltic pump.
- Drying air variable flow rate centrifugal fan, made of steel.
- Drying hot air tunnel made of AISI 304L stainless steel equipped with a variable power heating resistance.
- Atomization tower made of borosilicate glass with glass flask receiver.
- Atomization nozzle with air feeding and jet pump cleaning system using cyclic air.
- Air – solid separation using a borosilicate glass cyclone with glass flask receiver.
- Outside pilot unit air duct.
- Feeding air flow rate (located at the cold part) using the differential pressure measurement of an orifice plate and an electronic transducer.
Atomization air flow rate measurement using a float type flow meter and its adjustment needle valve (nozzle air feeding).
- Jet pump cleaning solenoid valve of the atomization nozzle.
- Temperature safety switch of the air heating resistance.
Electric cabinet including :
- Drying air flow rate indicator.
- Atomization tower temperature indicator using Pt100 Ω type sensor.
- Drying air temperature controller.
- Drying air fan variable speed driver.
- Solution feeding pump variable speed driver.
- Jet pump cleaning electronic timer of the atomization nozzle.
- Two relative humidity measurement probes of the drying air inlet and outlet with two channel indicator.
Dimensions and weight
- 1.95 m x 0.7 m x 2.6 m ~ 150 kg.
- 400 V / 50 Hz / Three-phase:8 kW.
- Compressed air, 6 bar:5 Nm3/h
- Vent system.