Unsteady State Heat Transfer
• A small-scale accessory designed to allow exercises to be performed in unsteady state heat transfer.
• Comprises an electrically heated water bath, variable speed recirculation pump, set of solid thermal shapes and a shape holder.
• The shapes supplied comprise a rectangular slab, long cylinder and sphere. Two of each shape are supplied, manufactured from brass and stainless steel. Each shape is instrumented with a thermocouple at the centre of each shape. • Analytical transient-temperature/heat flow charts are supplied for each of the shapes.
• The water bath is 3kW. The water bath includes an integral flow duct and a thermocouple to measure the water temperature.
• The circulating pump ensures that hot water flows past the solid shape under evaluation at constant velocity during the test. It is a variable speed DC pump.
• The accessory is mounted on a PVC baseplate which is designed to stand on the bench top and connect to the Heat Transfer Service Unit without the need for tools.
• A comprehensive instruction manual is supplied.