Thermal treatment at high temperature by water vapour injection.
Destruction of micro-organisms by chemical actions
- To fight against microbes activity (refrigeration, freezing, acidity modification, actions on water).
- To protect food by an efficient treatment.
- Sterilization of jars, boxes or food products packed in bags.
- Study of a product sterilizating value.
Temperature evolution during sterilization.
- 2 safety valves.
- 1 purging valve (20/27).
- 1 manometer. -1, + 5 bars (with correspondence in degree).
- 1 level valve.
- 1 drain valve.
- 1 mercury thermometer (scale: 30 to 130°C).
- 1 recording disc thermometer – 1 turn/24 hr (scale: 30 to 130°C).
- Stainless steel cylindrical tank.
- Cover mounted on hinges (3 closings by rotating bolts).
- Electrical heating by immersion heater (9 kW).
- Safety for water shortage using an electrode.
- Fittings connection for probe measuring device setting inside the installation.
- Fittings connection for cooling device setting under pressure
a – Under pressure cooling equipment:
- Main water inlet and check valve.
- Set of selecting valves.
- For upper water inlet with deflector (glass, box, bag).
- For lower water outlet (metal boxes).
- Water outlet and adjustable exhaust valve
b – Back-pressure:
- Air inlet for back-pressure.
- Adjustable air pressure regulator with control manometer.
- Stop valve / check valve
c- Product carrier:
- In perforated stainless steel with a handling device.
- Sterilization (heating at 110°C – 140°C during from a few seconds to several minutes) allows total destruction of microbes (including spores). Then storage duration at room temperature is theoretically unlimited.
- Power supply: 12 kW – 380 V 3 P + T + N.
- Water: DN20 / Pressure : 4 bars.
- Compressed air: DN15 / Pressure: 6 bars.
- Exhaust / Drainage: DN32 (resistant up to 100°C)