Reversible hardened load blocks are provided so that the struts can be tested under the following conditions:
1. Both ends pinned.
2. Both ends fixed.
3. One end pinned, one end fixed.
- The apparatus has been designed to accommodate struts of suitable lengths within the range 400/800 mm.
- The struts are rectangular in section, thus ensuring that the deflection occurs in a predetermined plane.
- The load is applied to the strut by means of a spring balance and a loading beam.
- The beam pivots on a nut which can be adjusted vertically so that the beam can be maintained in the horizontal position during loading, thus ensuring that a true axial load can be supplied throughout the test.
- A light lateral load is applied to the strut to ensure the direction of deflection, the magnitude of which can then be measured by means of a dial indicator.
- One set of struts for each end condition is supplied with the apparatus.
- One set of masses.
- Experiment manual
Optional equipments :
- A set of load blocks, bushes and specimens are available to allow experiments to be conducted on round specimens.
Dimensions and weight
- 880 x 580 x 1240 mm approx.
- Net Weight : 56 kg.