Strut Buckling Unit
This unit is mounted on a frame made of anodized aluminum profiles and painted steel panel and supports.
The unit basically consists of:
– 2 Guides to slide the movable clamp, made of stainless steel, that allow to test pieces up to 650 mm long.
– Universal supports to fasten the test piece, according to the required end conditions.
– Movable clamp located at one end. It has a crank to adjust the test piece to the desired length. Besides, it has a system to measure the applied
force, by measuring the deformation of an elastic ring. The clamp can be placed in pinned end or fixed end position, according to the desired practical exercise.
– Fixed clamp, which has several functions. The knob has two positions according to the desired end conditions for the clamp. Other function is
the system to apply the force to the test piece, consisting of a crank, that compress the structure when it is turned to the right.
– Differential screw to allows the system compression.
– Dial gauge, with a measuring range of 0-5mm. and accuracy of 0.01 mm., to determine the compression load to which the test piece is subjected