Stirred Liquid Liquid Extraction Pilot
This procedure consists in bringing a feed solute into contact with a more akin solvent.
The extraction column is provided with a stirrer throughout its length. The stirrer is powered by a variable speed motor. At the top of the column, an azeotropic separator provides the separation of the two phases.
- Determination of the transfer units.
- Height of a unit of transfer.
- Efficiency of extraction.
- Mass balance.
- Calculation of the material exchange coefficient.
- Calculation of the theoretic number of stages.
- Concentration profile in the column.
- Practices on a system with three partially miscible components :
- Acetic acid – toluene – water
- Acetic acid – isopropyl ether – water
- Acetic acid – ethyl acetate – water
- Extraction column in borosilicate glass, H = 600 mm.
- 1 Disk stirrer, stainless steel AISI 316 execution variable speed reducer 0-800 rpm – power 300 W.
- 2 decanters DN 100, in borosilicate glass.
- 4 tanks in polythene, capacity : 30 l ( 2 for feeding and 2 for the refined and extracted product ).
- 2 gear pumps with manual control, stainless steel body AISI 316, flow range 0- 40 l/h with check valve.
- Speed driver with display.
- Solvent flowmeter, in stainless steel and glass, scale : 4 to 40 l/h.
- Solution flowmeter, in stainless steel and glass, scale : 4 to 40 l/h
- Electric cabinet, IP 55, with transformers, start/stop switch, emergency stop, security device and synoptic.
- Technical manual
- 1800 x 800 x 2000 mm
- Power supply : 220 V – 50 Hz