- For testing a wide variety of materials such as grease, bitumen, tar wax, polish, food stuffs, rubber, asphalt and pharmaceutical creams.
- By applying a given force over a given period of time depression is made in the sample which may be measured in tenths of a mm and expressed as a penetration number.
- Consists of a head support mounted on a vertical rod which can be adjusted for height. A rack and pinion and pointer provides fine adjustment of needle or cone tip to sample and incorporates a slipping clutch mechanism which makes reading of penetration and subsequent resetting a simple and accurate operation.
- The dial is graduated from 0-400 in one tenth millimeter subdivision.
- Complete with plunger and weight of 54 gm, with one needle.