The staff gauge is used for a quick visual indication of the surface level in reservoirs, rivers, streams, irrigation channels, weirs and flumes, and wherever accuracy and readability are important.
- Material: enameled steel or stable FRP plate
- Colour: white background, deep blue graduations
- Sizes (prior to coating) – width: 100 to 200 mm; thickness -1.5 to 2.5 mm; length -1000, 1500 or 2000 mm
- Smallest graduation: 0.01 m;
- Accuracy of graduations: 0.5 mm
- Distinction: cm, dm and m, index at 5 cm mark
- Temperature: 0 to 60°C, the accuracy shall be maintained over the full temperature range
- Should be environmentally rugged iron and finished with a special porcelain enamel to ensure easy reading and resist rust or discoloration.
- Should be accurately graduated and have grommet holes for easy fastening to walls, piers and other structures