Spining Basket Reactor
This device is used for hydro-liquefaction, liquefaction, petroleum cracking, surface chemistry & heterogeneous catalysis research. It can spin a catalyst basket in liquid reactants. The device has Pressure rating 5,500 psig (379 bar).
Rotameters are provided to measure the individual flow of Chemicals. The flow rate can be adjusted by operating the needle valves provided on respective Rotameter. The magnetic drive pump is used for circulation of feed. Pressure Regulator, Pressure Gauge and Safety Valve are fitted in the compressed air line. The Reactants enter at lower end of helical coil tube type reactor coming out of the top of coil again entering to the CSTR which is fitted with stirrer for proper mixing. Arrangement is made for sampling from both the reactors. From top outlet of PFR and CSTR samples are collected for analysis.
- Sponification Reactor studies in CSTR/PFR/Combined Reactor.
- To determine the Reaction Rate Constant
- Compressed Air supply at 2 Bar, 0.5 CFM
- Water Supply & Drain
- Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 0.5 kW
- Instruments, Laboratory Glassware and Chemicals required for analysis as per the system adopted