Equilibrium Boiling Point Apparatus
Main characteristics of the bench
- Boiling point cell made of borosilicate glass
Principal and Operation:
A liquid (X) is heated up to its boiling point in a micro-boiler; the producing vapours (Y) are in equilibrium with the liquid. At atmospheric pressure, a total condenser flows back the hot condensates into the boiler: The equilibrium between the boiling liquid and its vapour is perfect.
The boiling point cell is equivalent to one perfect theoretical stage; when the liquid – vapour equilibrium is maintained sample can be taken from the liquid and the gas phases using micro-syringes.
- Determination of the equilibrium curves at atmospheric pressure.
- Boiling point cell made of borosilicate glass ; volume : 50 ml.
- Borosilicate glass condenser.
- Heating magnetic stirrer, with adjustable heating power and adjustable stirring speed.
- Cold water feeding.
- Cooling fluid tube made of reinforced PVC.
- P.V.C. plate
- Support framework with AISI 304L stainless steel tubes and aluminium connecting nuts.
- Set of samples and feeding syringes.
- Command and control cabinet fitted with an emergency stop, operating buttons and the digital temperature indicator for one Pt100 Ω type probe
Dimensions and weight
- 0.83 m x 0.4 m x 0.95 m ~ 40 kg.
- 230 V / 50 Hz / Single phase : 1 kW.
- Cold water 20°C / 3 bar : 200 l/h.