Climbing Film Evaporator
Main characteristics of the pilot
- Industrial instrumentation
- Flow switch of the condenser cooling water for operators safety
- Borosilicate glass and stainless steel AISI 316L manufacturing
- Rigid process pipes
- Steam safety valve
- Heating pipes insulation and protecting panels for operators safety
- Atmospheric or vacuum process
Principle of Working:
The aim of evaporation is to concentrate a solution consisting of a volatile solvent and a non volatile solute. Climbing film evaporation is a continuous operation in which the solution is heated in a continuous jacketed stainless steel evaporator at high temperature. In the liquid – gas separator, the concentrate solution is collected and the vapour is evacuated, condensed and collected in the solvent receiver.
- Study of the following parameters :
- Continuous concentration of a solution using evaporation process.
- Operating condition influences.
- Calculation :
- Thermal balance.
- Mass balance.
- Feed solution tank, made of polyethylene.
- Feed solution metering pump, AISI 316L stainless steel body, P.T.F.E. diaphragm, manual control.
- Climbing film evaporator made of AISI 316L stainless steel; jacket steam heating; removable insulation.
- Cylindro-conical cyclone made of borosilicate glass for liquid – vapour separation.
- Vertical coil condenser, made of AISI 316L stainless steel; borosilicate body.
- Solvent heat exchanger, made of AISI 316L stainless steel.
- Solvent receiver, made of borosilicate glass equipped with a drain ball valve made of AISI 316L stainless steel and a lid made of AISI 316L stainless steel.
- Concentrate heat exchanger, made of AISI 316L stainless steel.
- Concentrate receiver, made of borosilicate glass equipped with a drain ball valve made of AISI 316L stainless steel and a lid made of AISI 316L stainless steel.
- Vacuum trap made of borosilicate glass equipped with a drain ball valve made of AISI 316L stainless steel.
- Steam supply circuit with steam filter, steam relief valve, steam flow adjustable valve, safety valve, condensate bleeder and protection panel of operators safety.
- AISI 316L stainless steel connecting tubes for the process and reinforced PVC for cooling fluid tube.
- Support framework with AISI 304L stainless steel tubes, aluminium connecting nuts and adjustable feet.
- Cooling water feed to condenser fitted with variable area flowmeter with its adjusting valve and water flow switch to turn off heating in case of lack of cooling water.
- Heating steam pressure gauge, « BOURDON » type manometer.
- Vacuum pressure gauge, « BOURDON » type manometer.
- Electric cabinet, equipped with emergency stop push button, mains switch with indicator, ON/OFF switches and two temperature digital display indicators with nine Pt100 Ω type probes.
Dimensions and weight
- 1600 mm x 600 mm x 3200 mm ~ 150 kg.
- 230 V / 50 Hz / single phase :1 kW.
- Cold water 10 °C / 3 bar : 600 l/h.
- Steam 6 bar : 5 kg/h
- Vacuum 10 mbar : 20 Nm3/h
- Drain for heating condensates.