50 Litres Multi Purpose Synthesis Unit
Main characteristics of the pilot
- Industrial instrumentation
- Flow switch of the condenser cooling water for operator safety
- Safety pressure release valve on heating steam
- Rupture disc for operator safety.
- Insulation and panels on heating vapour for operators safety
- Borosilicate glass and stainless steel AISI 316L manufacturing
- Rigid process pipes
- Product vacuum supply system for storing reagents
- Downwards dismantling of reactor vessel without dismantling upper section of reactor
- ATEX fixed speed stirring motor
- AISI 316L stainless steel bag filter
- Vent line pipe
Principle of Working:
The reaction is a fundamental operation of the chemical industry, allowing the production, from simple molecules (reagents), of increasingly complex compounds destined for a growing number of industries (chemistry, pharmacy etc).
The reactor is of the well-mixed type and operates in a batch process: the quantity of reagent is introduced at the start of processing in a single quantity or controlled over time. The reaction mixture is brought to the required temperature (fixed or programmed according to time). The presence of a distillation column makes it possible to evaporate a solvent in the same reactor, to separate the reaction products once the desired conversion rate has been reached, or to remove one of the products of the reaction (in the case of reversible reactions to displace the thermodynamic equilibrium) with miscible or immiscible products (in the case of heteroazeotropic distillation with recycling one phase and removal the other phase of the distillate production). At the end of processing the products of the reaction are collected after cooling.
The reactor also allows “batch” crystallizations to be performed, and the crystals then separated from the mother liquor by filtration.
- Study of the following experimental parameters :
- Study of simple reactions.
- Study of evaporation.
- Crystallization by evaporation, chemical reaction or cooling.
- Total reflux reactions.
- Batch distillation.
- Batch heteroazeotropic distillation.
- Batch distillation under reduced pressure.
- Calculations :
- Mass balance.
- Conversion rates.
- Heat balance.
- Borosilicate glass feed tank for storing reagents, graduated with product vacuum supply system for filling reagents.
- Cone shaped reactor: AISI 316L stainless steel vessel, with insulated double jacket for heating steam, flush mounted drain valve, operator safety panel; DN600
- AISI 316L stainless steel lid with illuminated inspection window and safety disc rated at 0.5 bar.
- AISI 316L stainless steel fixed speed stirring assembly with “V” type anchor.
- 316L stainless steel column in one-piece with AISI 316L stainless steel “MULTIKNIT” type packing.
- Inclined shell and tube condenser, borosilicate glass body and AISI 316L stainless steel cooling tubes.
- AISI 316L stainless steel distillate cooler.
- Cooled borosilicate glass decanter with manual interface level adjustment; AISI 316L stainless steel valve set for selecting recycling circuit (to reactor with liquid seal) or sampling circuit (to distillate receivers) for light phase and heavy phase.
- Graduated borosilicate glass distillate receivers.
- Steam supply circuit with steam filter, steam relief valve, steam flow adjustable valve, safety valve, condensate bleeder and protection panel of operators safety.
- AISI 316L stainless steel connecting tubes for the process and reinforced PVC for cooling fluid tube.
- AISI 316L stainless steel vacuum piping for the various sub-assemblies on the general manifold.
- Borosilicate glass vacuum trap.
- AISI 316L stainless steel bag filter operating under reduced pressure; capacity 20 litres.
- AISI 316L stainless steel vent line piping for the various sub-assemblies on the general manifold to central extraction.
- A3 format AISI 316L stainless steel document support.
- Support framework with AISI 304L stainless steel tubes, aluminium connecting nuts and adjustable feet.
- Cooling water feed to condenser fitted with variable area flowmeter with its adjusting valve and water flow switch to turn off heating in case of lack of cooling water.
- Cooling water feed to reactor fitted with variable area flowmeter and its adjusting valves.
- Measureme Measurement of the column pressure drop by differential “U” type manometer.
- Heating steam feed pressure gauge by “BOURDON” type manometer.
- Feed flow rate measurement by variable area flowmeter.
- Reflux flow rate measurement by variable area flowmeter.
- Distillate flow rate measurement by variable area flowmeter.
- Reactor and pilot plant pressure gauges by “BOURDON” type manometers.
- Command and control cabinet fitted with emergency stop, operating buttons and the following interfaces:
- Digital temperature indicator with six Pt100 Ω type probes.
Dimensions and weight
- 2000 mm x 1000 mm x 3500 mm ~ 600 kg.
- 400 V / 50 Hz / 3-phase + N: 1 kW.
- Cold water 20°C / 3 bar: 1 m³/h.
- Vacuum 50 mbar: 40 Nm3/h
- Steam 6 bar: 30 kg/h.
- Drain for heating condensates. (100°C)