Twist And Bend Testing Machine
A wide variety of options is available for this bench-top equipment, offering many experiments in strength and resistance of materials.
The test bench has become the standard for a manually operated bench-top tensile-testing machine.
- The test bench allows a wide range of demonstrations and experiments, including :
Study of stretching :
- Measurement of Young’s Modulus of Elasticity for three materials.
- Effect of cross-section using a light alloy specimen.
- Study of bending.
- Effect of distance between supports.
- Effect of Second Moment of Area.
- Effect of choice of material (steel and light alloy).
The system consists of a bench mounted rigid triangular frame. It allows the determination of tensile performance for 400 mm specimens and of bending performance of beams between 400 and 500 mm centres. The specimens can be deformed up to 25 mm. The applied load is given by the deflection of a loading beam, calibrated at the factory. Extension and deflection of the specimens is measured on dial gauges.
Standard equipment consisting of:
- Table mounted test system with a set of beams, a set of tensile samples and 2 dial gauges.
- Technical manual and teaching notes.
Optional equipment :
- Tensile test specimen fitted with strain gauges.
- Bending specimen fitted with strain gauges in a section of the beam.
- Bending specimen fitted with strain gauges along the beam.
- Strain bridge.
- Data acquisition and processing system.
- Multimedia software on bending and tension (only in French version).
- Buckling kit.
- Multi loading system kit.
- Composite Materials kit.
- Truss studding kit.
- Each optional equipment is accompanied by a technical manual and teaching notes.
Dimensions and weight
- 70 x 70 x 20 cm – 25 kg
- The mounted on a firm horizontal surface.