Principal Teaching Objectives
- The equipment covers the following areas of study :
- Fluid mechanics
- Functional analysis of an industrial product
- Technical communication tools
- Mechanical links
- Relationship between product – manufacturing process – material
- Measurement of physical values and calculation of performance
- These calculations are entered into a spreadsheet file (model supplied) to allow interpretation of the test data and results.
Using the measurements and experimental data, calculations will among other give :
- The theoretical capacity of the pump (using CAD software)
- The determination of the following parameters, based on the measurements obtained with the equipment:
- Translation speed of jack rod (time, distance)
- Theoretical flow rate of the pump (capacity, rotation speed)
- Oil flow rate (piston diameter, rod diameter, rod speed)
- Released mechanical power (mass lifted, rod speed)
- Resultant pressure forces on the piston (piston diameter, rod diameter, pressure)
- Jack efficiency and global efficiency ( if functioning in load)
- Flow measurement comparison: pump – jack and jack – pump.
- Analysis of the functions provided by the different valves and safety pressure valve used in the hydraulic circuit
- Highlighting of the change in efficiency and friction as a function of the applied load and temperature increase
- Analysis of the design methods associated to prevent leaks and to facilitate assembly.
- The electro-hydraulic gate opener is mounted on a plastic PVC base together with the related instrumentation.
It includes :
- An electrical motor
- An oil gear pump
- A lift device for the mass ( the masses can be hanged in a driven position or a braking position)
- A complete instrumentation allowing the measurement of:
- Motor speed using an induction sensor and signal conditioner / indicator display
- Power consumed using an optional Clamp-type ammeter
- Oil pressure in the two supply circuits of the cylinder using 2 pressure gauges
- Time taken for the shaft to reach a predetermined position using an optional stopwatch
Certain essential specifications for the equipment are provided, including :
- Pump dimensions, measured on a tri-axis measurement machine and profile projector, supplied on CAD files
- Performance specifications of the hydraulic jack
- Intensity of the lifted mass (system can also be used empty)
- Standard equipment:
- Table top test bench (the table is not supplied)
- The masses are not included as standard
- Using Your Equipment
- Essential requirements :
- Voltage : 220V, 50 Hz, other voltages available on demand
- Clamp-type ammeter,
- Set of masses : 4 x 1 5 kg
- 100 MHz PC with Windows*, Excel*, AutoCAD** and Solid Works*
- Windows, Excel are a registered trademark of Microsoft.
- AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk Inc.
- Solid Works is a registered trademark of Solid Works Corporation.
Dimensions and weight
- 1200 x 300 x 200 mm
- Weight : 20 kg