- Ranging rod is a rod/pole used in surveying for marking the position of stations and for sightings of those stations as well as for ranging straight lines.
- The rods are painted in alternating pattern so that the rod is properly sited in case of long distances and bad weather
- Material: Metallic
- Diameter: 3 cm in diameter
- Length: 2 – 4 m long
- Each rod/pole is should be painted in an alternating pattern of either red and white colours or black and white colours in lengths of 20 cm (i.e. one link length of metric chain).
- Flags at the top of the rods