The equipment simulates the pumping plant including :
- A well in link with the ground water.
- A buffer tank.
- A water tower.
Rough description of the functioning :
- A sinking pump pumps in the groundwater and fill a buffer tank.
- Three pumps take this water and fill a water tower.
- Three solenoid valves placed on the water tower simulates the household consumption with water return to the cover.
A/ Operative part :
Mobile frame including :
- 1 water catchments well (tank in PVC, capacity 130 liters).
- 1 retention pool (transparent tank, capacity 60 liters).
- 1 water tower (transparent reservoir, capacity, 60 liters).
- 1 water tower (centrifugal pump made of stainless steel, flow 5 m3/h; 0,75 kW).
- 3 pumps (centrifugal pumps in stainless steel flow 1,5 m3/h; 0,37 kW).
- 1 analogical flow sensor and a manometer on the circuit of the exhaust group, – 5 TOR level sensors.
- 1 analogical level sensor.
- 3 solenoid valves
B/ Control part:
An electric cabinet including :
- A programmable with TOR analog inputs and outputs, a block of PID control, 2 communication interfaces.
- A interactive terminal desk with display lines, 20 characters, communication with the PLC on the serial line, protocol UNI-TELWAY, keyboard with 12 function keys, 10 service keys and 12 digital keys. Programming made on several application pages and alarms pages.
- A digital frequency speed driver.
- The mains power supply and safety devices of the installation.
- 3 x 380 V 50 Hz – 16 TO.
- Water from network.
Dimensions and weight
- Length: 1800 mm.
- Depth: 700 mm.
- Height: 2000 mm.
- Mass: 218 kg.
The software TOPKAPI has been designed for the dialogue with the PLC of the pumping plant, in complement of the operator interactive terminal existing.
A particular effort has been done to the ergonomics to permit a fast and intuitive understanding of the equipment by the student during the practical works.
The passage of the mouse on the synoptic displays an info-bubble giving more details on the chosen element.
A click of the mouse on each component opens a new window with the possible commands. For example, a click on the mouse on the retention pool opens a new window “Level regulation of the pool” with the PID correctors.
The analogical and logical variables (the level measurement, the PID output block, the state of the pumps. etc.)can be saved. The window “curve” has a zoom and a drawer function displaying the coordinates of the curves.
This screen displays the Grafcet program of the automatic cycle of the tank as well as a chronogram with the logical states of the pumps, solenoid valves and level detectors of the tank.
- The present alarms are displayed as list and must be confirmed by the operator.
- This screen also permits to consult the history of the alarms and events.
- Minimum configuration of the microcomputer :
- 486 DX2 66, RAM 16 Mb, reader CD-ROM 2X, Windows 95, a LPT1 port to insert the protection key, a COM2 serial port (or COM 1) for the communication with the PLC.
- Link between the PC and the PLC :
- With the help of the SCHNEIDER TSXPCU1030 cable of the micro PL7 package, provided with the pumping plant.