The set includes eight points – for Mohs hardness of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. The 2 is a plastic point, the 3 is a copper point, the others are alloys carefully selected to match the hardness of the Mohs index minerals.
The set includes:
- Four double ended picks with hardness points of 2-9 on Mohs hardness scale
- A grinding plate for sharpening your points
- Streak plate
- Glass plate for quick “hard” or “soft” determination
- A hardness plate with a hardness of 3.5
- Paper table listing common minerals and their hardness
- Hardness testing instructions
- All of this in a compact (7″ x 2 1/2″ x 1 5/8″) wooden case that takes up minimal space on a desk or shelf.