- A detachable shaft fitted inside the cylinder at a distance of 1250mm from the opening measured along the circumference in the direction of rotation.
- A hollow steel cylinder mounted on a sturdy frame on ball bearing. Capable of rotating about its axis in a horizontal position.
- A motor with reduction gear which turns the drum at 30-35 rpm.
- A revolution counter
- A tray
- Abrasive charge consisting of 12 steel balls approximately 48mm dia.
- Suitable for operation on 440V~, 50Hz. 2 phase Supply
The machine consists of a hallow cylinder mounted horizontally on a sturdy frame on ball bearings. There is an opening which can be closed with a dust tight cover to facilitate charging and discharging the drum with the material under test. A detachable shelf which extends throughout the inside length of the drum which catches the abrasive charge and does not allow it to fall on the cover. The drum is rotated by an electric motor through a heavy reduction gear at a speed of 30-33 r.p.m. A revolution counter is fitted to the frame. A tray is supplied for collection of the material at the end of the test. Complete with abrassive charges consisting of a set of twelve hardened steel balls, approximately 48mm dia. Suitable for operation on 440 volts, 3 phase, 50 cycles, and A.C. supply