Ion Exchange Unit
A low cost, bench-mounted unit designed to demonstrate the use of ion-exchange resins for either continuous water softening or demineralisation. The equipment is designed to emulate the industrial operation of such units, including monitoring ‘break-through’ and regeneration cycles.
- The exchange capacities of different resin materialsWater softening using a cationic resin
- Water softening using a cationic resinRegeneration efficiency of a softening system
- Regeneration efficiency of a softening systemDemineralisation using two-bed exchange
- Demineralisation using two-bed exchange
- Regeneration efficiency of a cationic and anionic resin
Pump: Self priming diaphragm type
Flowmeter range: 10-80ml/min
Sump tank capacity: 20 litres
Anion exchange resin: 0.75 litre
Cation exchange resin: 1litre
Chemicals required (not supplied):
Self-contained apparatus either for single bed water softening or double bed system for demineralisation. Two vertical transparent tubes house the resins. A manifold at inlet/outlet allows flow configuration changes. Equipment includes pump, valves, conductivity meter and sumps for regenerant and test or wash solutions. Typical commercial cation and anion resins are supplied.
Cartridge type water deioniser